Monday 1 March 2010

Ragnarok DS - 000b - Job Info (from my point of view)


Okay... as you've seen from the videos I started out as a novice then changed job to the thief class. I choose this because it allows me to have double attack and increase dodge (from monsters). It's also quite handy because the skill 'Steal' allows my character well... basically to 'steal' an item from the enemy monster - which is called borrowing from the game's perspective. (laughs)

Bear in mind that with the Novice job class your maximum Job Level is 10, which is needed for you to change your character into another class of your choice: Swordsman, Merchant, Archer, Magician, Thief, Acolyte and Taekwon. The other two secret jobs are Dark Knight and Shaman - available once you've finished the game!

Next is that when you've changed to the job you want, the second thing you will have to think off is leveling up your character to gather lots of experience points to gain job levels. The maximum job level for the first job is job level 30, although from my game I went above that because I wanted more and the overall job level is 50 (gets me 20 points more) but the job leveling business is hard and slow. I don't know whether if you would have the patience to continue leveling up your characters even more. But look at it in a positive way - it allows you to enhance your job skills to the maximum level of 8 - good eh? it could give you more damage / additional stat etc. depending on what job you are and what job skills you have.

Once you've finished with job leveling go back to the Job Centre in Prontera and change onto the second job - Thief would be Assassin, Archer would be Hunter, Merchant would be Blacksmith, Magician will be Wizard, Acolyte would be Priest, Swordsman will be Knight and Taekwon kid would be I think Taekwon Master and so... continue leveling your job levels until it reaches the maximum again and the higher it is the stronger you character gets and the more skills will be available for your usage even if it takes quite a while to gain, it's worth the effort!

I hope this was helpful in some sort of way. Thanks for your time reading ! Have fun and enjoy!